2018 was a spectacular year for some lucky punters as Microgaming paid out a record-breaking sum in life-changing wins. That’s a mammoth €154,954,249 to be exact! No less than nine players took home seven-figure sums equating to more than €40 million.
Notable wins throughout the year
- The first noteworthy win was triggered on the 14th of January, when a handsome cash prize of €2,424,117 was paid out to a Zodiac casino player.
- The next mega win of €4,769,344.11 was awarded to a Royal Vegas casino player in February.
- Only nine days later another mobile casino player became a multi-millionaire on the 8th of March by winning €4,365,843 on Captain Cook’s Casino.
- Grand Mondial Casino produced an instant millionaire on 19 April thanks to Microgaming software when a fortunate player took home a cool €4.6 million.
- Jackpot City paid out the next massive €4,931,205 prize on 24 June.
The biggest win however, occurred on 28 September via the Mega Moolah progressive online slot, when a player landed a gob-smacking €18,915,872 payday via his mobile device. This win also broke the Guinness World Record for the “Largest jackpot payout in an online slot machine game”, previously held by another Mega Moolah player who won €17,879,645 back in 2015.
Mega Moolah reigns king
Microgaming’s Safari-themed jackpot slot produced six millionaires in 2018, proving yet again to be a fan favorite, with definite prospects of more record-breaking wins in 2019. At the time of writing, the latest jackpot has already surpassed the €18,000,000 mark.