Roulette is arguably one of the most exciting and popular casino games that can be played for real money online. Online players also have access to more variations of the game than they would find in a brick-and-mortar casino. The basic concept of Roulette comprises of a ball being released into a spinning wheel with numbered slots, and the player guessing in which slot the ball will come to rest. Roulette is also a popular live dealer game choice, as you get to see the ball spin on an actual Roulette table, in real time!
Kiwi Online Casinos that offer Roulette Tables
- Claim $1600 Free over 2 deposit match bonuses
- Play New Zealand's favourite casino brand on Mobile, Desktop or Browser
- Many deposit options incl; Visa, POLi, Neteller, Ukash
- Super Fast cash outs and 24 hour customer service
- $1000 Free split over 3 deposits
- Progressives Slots, Blackjack, Roulette, Video Poker and more
- Established in 2001 and eCogra certified
- Secure banking and fast withdrawal times
Online Roulette Variations
Good online Casinos offer different variations of your favourite casino games. Here are the Roulette variations you can generally expect to find available for desktop and mobile play in New Zealand:
- European roulette
- American roulette
- French roulette
- Premium French roulette
- 3D Roulette
- Premium European roulette
- Premium Roulette Pro
- Mini roulette
Online Roulette Rules
Begin by placing your bet. If you are playing a standard game of European Roulette you will have a choice of ten bets made up of inside and outside bets.
Types of Inside Bets: (placed on the inner section of the Roulette table)
- Straight bets: A single number bet. The bet is placed directly on the number on the table.
- Split bets: A bet placed on two numbers adjacently positioned on the table. The bet is placed on the line between the numbers.
- Corner bets: A bet placed on the four numbers in the corner of the table. The bet is placed in the centre of the numbers.
- Street bets: A bet placed on a row of three numbers at the end of the row.
- Double street bets: Also known as a six-line bet, this bet is placed on six numbers on two adjacent rows, directly on the line in-between the rows.
Types of Outside bets (placed on the outer section of the Roulette table)
- Red / black bets: Players bet on the colour of the number. The bet is placed on the red or black diamond marked area.
- Odd or even bets: Players bet on whether the number will be odd or even.
- Dozen bets: Player bet on a group of a dozen numbers – 1-12; 13-24 or 25-36.
- Column bets: Players bet on the 12 numbers that form a column on the table. The bet is placed at the end of the column.
- High or low bets: Players bet on either high numbers (19-36), or low numbers (1-18). The bet is placed on the area marked “1-18” or “19-36”.
Winning Online Roulette Tips & Strategy
Roulette is ultimately a game of chance, but you can enhance your gameplay and minimise your losses by employing the following guidelines:
Get to grips with the rules
The various styles of Roulette do not follow the same set of rules, there are slight differences. Make sure you are familiar with the rules of the variation you are interested in before committing real money.
Test the game in free mode
Following from our first suggestion, you can comfortably master the rules of the game without risking any real money by playing it in free / fun mode first. This is also a good way to familiarize yourself with game patterns.
Set a limit and stick to it
Once you are comfortable with the rules and ready to commit your hard-earned cash, it is advisable to set a bankroll limit right off the bat. Decide how much you are prepared to lose and stick to it! This way you can spare yourself the agony of chasing your losses when you find yourself in over your head.
Win, with the right variation
Some variations of Roulette have a better house advantage than others. American Roulette for example has 5.2%, whereas the European style has 2.7%, making it the more lucrative choice between the two.
Following a betting strategy can pay dividends in the long run. There is no one-size-fits-all guideline, so you will need to tailor a strategy through trial and error. For example, you could double your bet with each win, and lower when you lose, or the exact opposite. Whatever works for you.
Take a break from Online Roulette
For a different perspective that could enrich your online experience, try playing a few games of Roulette at a New Zealand land-based casino while engaging with other players.
Play at legit online casinos
This crucial factor is often overlooked. You can have a brilliant or disastrous Online Roulette experience – it all depends whether or not you are engaging with a reputable internet casino for Kiwi players. Make sure the site operates legally before committing and betting real money!