Before a site is endorsed as safe by Bestcasinos.co.nz, it first has to satisfy our 10-point safety check as follows:
- Is the site owned by a public or private entity?
- Is the site Licensed and regulated?
- Is the casino subjected to regular audits?
- Who are the casino software providers?
- Are the Random Number Generators tested often for fairness?
- Are ‘Return to Player’ percentages published or made available?
- Are the casino’s terms & conditions consistent and reasonable?
- Is there a wide variety of banking options?
- What is the casino’s deposits and withdrawal policies?
- How effective is the customer services department?
Select one of our Safe & Trusted Online Casinos
- $1000 Free split over 3 deposits
- Progressives Slots, Blackjack, Roulette, Video Poker and more
- Established in 2001 and eCogra certified
- Secure banking and fast withdrawal times
- Claim $1600 Free over 2 deposit match bonuses
- Play New Zealand's favourite casino brand on Mobile, Desktop or Browser
- Many deposit options incl; Visa, POLi, Neteller, Ukash
- Super Fast cash outs and 24 hour customer service
- $1200 Free split over 3 deposit match bonuses
- One of New Zealand's most popular online caisnos
- The best monthly promotions in the market
- Deposits incl, Visa, POLi, Neteller, Ukash and more
How to Identify Reputable Online Casinos
- Look for legitimate regulation certification. Recognised gambling jurisdictions include Malta, Gibraltar and Isle of Man. An eGOGRA or TST certification is an additional plus point, as it means the casino is independently audited against industry standards to ensure safety and fairness.
- All transactions and sensitive player information is protected with the use of Encryption technology such as HTTPS, TLS, SSL, etc.
- Trusted software drives the casino’s gaming platform. Leading brands include Microgaming, Netent, Playtech, Aristocrat, NextGen Gaming, Betsoft, IGT, Yggdrasil and Cryptologic.
- Reputable online casinos are known for handsome payout percentages and attractive bonuses.
- Deposits and withdrawals are fast, safe and easy, with a number of recognised banking methods available to use, including Debit & Credit cards, Bank transfers, e-cheques, e-wallets, pre-paid vouchers and other online payment services.
Safe Casino FAQ’s
Are Online Casinos Legal in New Zealand?
Despite its close proximity to Commonwealth neighbour Australia, New Zealand has an independent stance on gambling, making it perfectly legal for NZ residents to bet or play casino games online, provided the website is based overseas.
Are Online Casino Games Rigged?
This is a valid question as there are some rogue casinos that have been known to tweak games in the house’s favour. Reputable casinos however, such as those recommended by Bestcasinos.co.nz, have their games tested on a continuous basis by independent auditors like TST and eCOGRA as part of their regulatory compliance, and in turn receive certification that their games are 100% fair, which they then proudly display on their website.
What to Avoid when Playing Online?
- Steer clear of online operators who aren’t licensed or regulated by a recognised authority.
- When a new online casino pops up, test it in free mode first, and only commit real money when you feel comfortable with its business practices.
- Games with highly volatile odds can be very enticing, but you could get trapped and lose a lot of money in the process.
Who oversees Online Gambling in New Zealand?
All gambling that takes place in New Zealand is regulated by the country’s Department of Internal Affairs.