Deciding on the best New Zealand online casinos can be daunting, especially if you consider how many there are to choose from. My aim is to provide you with expert advice and objective reviews, all with your best interests in mind. After you have selected and registered at your casino of choice, I want to be assured that you are having the best possible gaming experience, including a generous welcome bonuses, superior casino games, safe and secure banking, and efficient customer support should you require it.
When rating online casinos, I consider the 5 most important factors our Kiwi Players want to know before signing up at one of the many real money online NZ casinos:
- A reliable track record, stellar reputation & safe business practices.
- A variety of convenient banking methods
- Fast, unlimited withdrawal of winnings
- Powered by world leading casino software providers
- Regular loyalty rewards such as bonuses and other exclusive promotions
Top 5 Kiwi Online Casinos September 2019
|1.||Microgaming||96.85%||$1000 FREE||PLAY NOW|
|2.||Microgaming||96.08%||$1600 FREE||PLAY NOW|
|3.||NetEnt / Microgaming||96.10%||$1000 FREE||PLAY NOW|
|4.||Microgaming||97.10%||$1200 FREE||PLAY NOW|
|5.||Microgaming||97.22%||$1500 FREE||PLAY NOW|
How I find Top Ranked NZ Online Casinos?
I have put a list together of how I find and rank our Online Casino.
- First and foremost, I consider a casino’s trustworthiness but looking at trust symbol signs like where the casino group is registered. Which payment processors they use and even which casino software providers they have partnered with.
- I also consider something arbitrary like the registration process as a sign of a quality operator. Imagine you dedcide on your casino of choice and then spend an hour trying to simply get through the registration process. THis need sot be quick and painless as possible.
- A major driving force behind the potential success of an online casino is the software being used. The reason why I play online is not just to win money but also because I enjoy playing the games. For this, I Look which online casinos have partnered with industry leaders like Microgaming, NetEnt, Ygdrasil or Evoltion Gaming. Make sure that the random number generator that the software is running has checked by approved authorities like eCogra. This will ensure safety and fairness of the games you are playing.
- Making payments should be simple. Choosing a casino that has multiple payment options will ensure that making deposits is smooth sailing every time. Another important factor is to ensure that these payment options are secure. I Look for seals of approval from regulatory bodies like Verisgin or Entrust to keep your mind at ease that your funds will be safe. Something you may also want to consider is the acceptance of cryptocurrencies. Although I still personally prefer old school casinos that offer world renowned credit card and wallets.
- Just as importantly as payment is the ease of withdrawals. You should look for a casino that has the perfect balance between security and quick payment. A casino that takes days to pay out because of security checks should be avoided just as much as one that pays out immediately with doing basic KYC checks.
- New players looking to sign up should keep an eye open for bonuses and promotions. I suggest making the right choice first time around, as joining a casino with great bonuses and promotions can yield big rewards in the long term.
Finally, after carefully reading our casino reviews, you are more likely to choose an online casino that will meets all your requirements and expectations.
Types of Casino Games available
Online casinos partner with software developers to bring you new entertaining casino games weekly. I find the best casino brands that offer a variety of casino game categories (e.g. Slots) and also depth of titles (e.g.Mega Moolah or Game of Thrones).
Knowing the top software providers, what makes them unique and what type of games they offer will make your choice so much easier! Some of the best in the industry includes Microgaming, NetEnt, IGT, The Stars Group, Evolution Gaming, WMS and BetSoft. Some are focused on a specific area like LeoVegas is with their award winning Slot game releases. So if you are a slots junkie then its always good to look for this provider.
Here is a brief description on each of the the various types of casino games you can play online :
Slots– You place a bet and push a button, a number of drums will then spin around.
When they come to rest, the images on them line up, the order of the images will result in different prize payouts.
Video Poker – The aim of video poker is to assemble the strongest poker hand possible. You place a bet, and the machine deals you five cards, using a random number generator.
If you like how they look, you press buttons under them to hold them. The computer ditches the cards you didn’t keep and gives you new ones which will be your final hand.
Depending on how strong your hand is the computer pays out at odds that get increasingly higher the better the hand is.
Blackjack– The object of the game is to draw playing cards whose face value adds up to 21, or as close to 21 as possible.You get dealt two cards, you may call for more until you go bust or decide to stick. Then the dealer plays, continuing to draw cards until they hit 17 or go bust. If you win, you get paid out at 1:1 odds.
Roulette– This game is based on pure chance. The game has a wheel with numbered slots on its inside ring, coloured red or black. You place your bet on what number you think will come up or alternatively just on the color ( recommended for beginners) .The dealer then spins and drops a ball into the wheel, which bounces around until it comes to a complete stop in one of the slots . If the ball lands on the one you chose, you win big.
Craps– You roll a pair of dice trying to hit a 7 or an 11 to win while you and your friends place bets about on whether you will get them or not. Rolling a 2, 3 or 12 is Craps and you lose the round. Rolling anything takes the game to a second round. Bets are paid out at odds based on whether you correctly predicted the roll, not whether you were successful in making it.
Baccarat– The object of the game of Baccarat is to draw a card hand whose face value is as close to 9 as possible. You draw two cards and add their value, if it’s 10 or higher the first digit is disregarded, and you play this game against the dealer. The winner is not determined by who actually has the better hand. Rather, you place your bet on who you think will win a round, i.e. you or the dealer. If you guessed right, you win and get paid out at odds, even if you lose the hand!
Pay with POLi at these online casinos.
Play at the best online casinos on your Android device.
Top online casinos for your Apple tablet or smartphone.
Is it Safe?
The law dictates that New Zealanders can legally play online at casinos that ARE NOT based in New Zealand. This means that you may legally enjoy playing at online casinos based in other countries without fear of prosecution as long as you are of age. Since there are no domestic online casinos the New Zealand market has been a big target for overseas based companies. When choosing be sure to check for a certification from a highly-regarded testing agency (like eCOGRA), as well as the proper license in the country where the casino’s operations are based.
What to consider when playing for the first time?
It is important that you understand the house edge and the role it has in the games you play.
Online casinos have a mathematical advantage in each and every game they offer, and this advantage will always put the odds against you as a player. The house may have the mathematical advantage, but as I already mentioned, this doesn’t mean they win every single bet. Their advantage is really only effective in the long term. Casino games are considered games of chance, essentially you have no control over whether you win or lose but their are a couple of things you can do to minimize the size of the House advantage. Playing the mathematically correct way and learning to use various strategies for games such as blackjack can keep the house advantage to a minimum.
Will Gameplay be fair?
Even though the rule the house always wins applies to physical as well as online casinos, this advantage does not automatically mean the game is unfair. It simply means that over the long run the game you are playing will make a profit. In the short term you can still win big. In fact it is in the casinos interest to make sure you win otherwise all there players would simply move to another casino. Online casinos use random number generator to ensure the games are fair. Instead of using dice or cards as in a real casino, the RNG generates game outcomes which mimic those in real life.
How to be sure it’s a trusted Online Casino?
Finding a reliable and trustworthy casino should be at the top of your list. When going through the endless choices on offer there are some key things to look out for. Firstly one should look at the legislation surrounding online gambling in the specific country where the casino operates in. Most countries require the casino to be licensed and approved. If all these are in check then its safe to assume that you are dealing with a reliable casino. Informing yourself of the terms and condition is another way to ensure your safety and to learn how the casino operates. Ensuring that the casinos software is tested by an independent third party auditing system guarantees safety and fairness. Should you be using mobile software it is recommended for players to not use rooted or jailbroken mobile devices as they increase the risk of compromising your information.
Available platforms/devices to play at an Online Casino?
In the past games were reserved for PC users, accessed through the internet and played using the flash player installed on the computer. Today people hold very powerful devices with serious processing power. On top of this almost everyone has a smartphone. Online casinos can now be accessed on mobile devices and even tablets. Irrespective of weather you are using an iOS, Android or Windows mobile device, you will be able to access the casino on your mobile device and enjoy the games wherever you are.
Are Virtual Casinos the same thing as an Online Casino?
Simply put, virtual casinos are online versions of brick-and-mortar casinos. You can experience all the thrills you would normally get from playing at a land-based venue – from the comfort of your own home. Virtual casinos offer all your favourite traditional casino games plus a whole lot more, so there is very little chance of boredom. So yes, exactly the same thing as an Online Casino.
The casino brands I promote on BestCasinos.co.nz are 100% safe and legit for Kiwi use!